Here is a list of foods that you should not feed your dog.
Avacados. According to the ASPCA, they mentioned avocados on their list of food hazardous to dog’s health. Avocados have a pit, which if eaten by dogs it can block their digestive tract and cause serious issues. If your dog accidentally eats a small bit of avocado, they may vomit and have diarrhea. And if they eat a lot of it you may need to call your vet.
Popcorn. Eating a little bit of popcorn won’t hurt your dog. However, if they eat the unpopped seeds it will upset their stomach and also create dental problems.
Grapes. According to the ASPCA, grapes are associated with kidney failure in dogs. Some dogs don’t have a problem without any side effects, and others can develop serious problems. It is best to avoid giving grapes to your dog.
Nuts. Don’t give your dog nuts as their digestive system isn’t able to handle most nuts, especially macadamia as these can be very toxic. If you dog happens to eat a few nuts watch for symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea. If they have these symptoms take them to the vet.
Onions and Garlic. The ASPCA warns against these as they can cause damage to a dog’s red blood cells if they eat enough of them. However, if your dog gets a hold of a small bit of onion that fell to the floor they are probably fine. Garlic, however is much more toxic and avoid any.
Bread. In moderation and only if it is cooked won’t hurt your dog. However, I wouldn’t recommend it as there are healthier alternatives. Any raw bread dough can cause stomach problems with your dog as the yeast can expand in their gut.
Cheese. Dogs tend to love cheese and some cheese might not be harmful. However, a lot of cheeses in the stores are heavily processed with extra chemicals that should be avoided for dogs.
Chocolate. Nearly every dog owner probably knows that a dog should not eat chocolate as it has two harmful chemicals – caffeine and theobromine. These are toxic to dogs and should be avoided.
Corn. If your dog eats a small bit of this it won’t cause serious harm. However, it should be avoided as it causes their blood sugar to spike and worse can cause allergies. It also is difficult to digest and has low nutritional value as well. Many commercial dog foods have it as an ingredient so you should not purchase any dog food containing it.